Discover fascinating cultural crossroads set in a surprisingly diverse and breathtaking landscape. Meet amazing local artisans and connect with traditional lifestyles in the Andes. Wander the storied streets and mingle with locals in the beautiful Spanish colonial capital of Quito. Marvel at the world treasure of the Galapagos Islands and learn about conservation efforts to preserve the country’s natural beauty in the face of development.
I chose Crooked Trails because they are committed to culturally and environmentally sensitive travel. Their dedication is unparalleled as evidenced by the level of commitment they put into developing and running their programs.
Our kids had, for the first time, an appreciation of where they live and an understanding of what it would be like to live in another part of the world.
Andean Homestay and Multicultural Exploration
10D / 9N
Quito – Otavalo – Cotapaxi – Quilotoa Lake – Macas – Banos – Quito
Share this Trip
Ecuador is truly a multicultural country which holds a special fascination for visitors interested in varying cultures and landscapes. On this program you will have the opportunity to visit some of the indigenous communities of Ecuador, including the well-known Otavalo community, the Salasacas, and the Shuar.
- Unique opportunities to connect with and learn from several different indigenous communities
- Travel through the breathtaking landscapes of the Andes and down into the jungle
- A magical horseback ride in the famous Avenue of the Volcanoes
- Shop at local markets to buy one-of-a-kind handicrafts directly from artisans
Galapagos Islands Multi-sport Adventure
7D / 6N
Departures available year-round; inquire for fixed monthly dates
San Cristobal Island – Isabela Island – Santa Cruz Island – Baltra Island
Share this Trip
This land-based program puts the emphasis on active adventure, as you have more time on the ground than on a boat-based tour. Kayak, mountain bike, hike, and snorkel around the Galapagos Islands and among its many inhabitants.
- Experience the wonder of these UNESCO World Heritage islands
- Land-based itinerary gives you more time on the ground and less time cruising
- Adventurous excursions such as kayaking, snorkeling, mountain biking and hiking
- Combine with other itineraries in Ecuador or elsewhere in South America
Share this Post