India is a vast and varied land. Let us take you on a journey of exploration to see the bustling streets of Delhi, encounter the arid and culturally rich deserts of Rajasthan, or trek through the high Himalayas in Ladakh. Experience an unforgettable journey through the amazing cultural crossroads of India.
I have traveled with Crooked Trails to Thailand, India and Peru. With each trip I returned to find my world view shifted. I have come to appreciate the richness and beauty of cultures which are vastly different from my own.
Founder-led Trek & Cultural Homestay in Ladakh
24D / 23N
June 28 –
July 21, 2018
Delhi – Leh – Trek to Lingshed – Leh – Delhi – Agra – Delhi
Founder-led, village experience, trekking
Share this Trip
Experience a cross-cultural journey through the Himalayan Mountains to the isolated Ladakhi village of Lingshed where you will live and work with the local monks and the Ladakhi people. Crooked Trails Co-founder Tammy Leland will guide an intimate group of no more than 10 travelers on this amazing experience.
- Experience a cutural homestay in a traditional Ladakhi village
- Embark on a spectacular, fully-supported Himalayan trek
- Learn about Tibetan Buddhist culture and witness traditional dances and ceremonies
- Support cultural preservation efforts and sustainable community projects in this fragile region
The Colors and Cultures of Rajasthan & The Taj Mahal
15D / 14N
Custom dates available year-round; Oct-Mar recommended
Delhi – Churu – Jodhpur – Udaipur – Barli – Uniara – Ranthambore Park – Jaipur – Agra – Delhi
Share this Trip
Join this journey to Rajasthan, one of the most magnificent and ethnically-diverse states in India, to connect with the local people and culture, visit spectacular sites and become enamored with this land.
- Discover the hidden alleyways and bazaars of Old Delhi
- Be amazed by the staggering beauty of the Taj Mahal
- Search for tigers and other animals on safari in Rathambore Park
- Connect with an array of local cultures and explore centuries-old architectural marvels
Share this Post