Experience the true Kenya: one of proud and friendly people, breathtaking landscapes and abundant wildlife. Stay in the traditional Maasai village of Merrueshi as the guest of our dear friend, Kakuta Ole Mai Mai Hamisi, a Maasai warrior and junior elder. Spear-weilding Maasai warriors lead you on morning wildlife walks, and local meetings immerse you in a culture few truly experience. Your warrior guides also come with you on safari, sharing their knowledge of place and time, of animals and warriors.
I miss hearing their voices in their native tongue of Swahili and Maa and in working hard to speak English. I miss their authentic smiles especially when I am working hard to speak Swahili or Maa. I really miss the laughter of an inside joke shared between us. It is in this moment that I truly understand at the core of my being that I’ve left behind a significant piece of my heart and soul in Kenya with the Maasai.
Maasai Village, Maasai Mara & Amboseli Safari
8D / 7N
Custom departures year-round
Easy – Moderate
Nairobi – Maasai Mara – Merrueshi – Amboseli – Nairobi
Share this Trip
Live among the Maasai people and experience the striking wildlife of Kenya. Experience an unforgettable stay in a traditional Maasai village, learning about every aspect of the Maasai way of life, and search for an array of wildlife on two breathtaking safaris.
- Unique opportunity to live and learn with the local Maasai community
- Share in activities such as storytelling, traditional dance, and nature walks
- Search for elephants, zebra, wildebeest, giraffe, lion and more on safari
Maasai Warrior Training Experience
8D / 7N
Nairobi – Merrueshi – Amboseli – Chyulu – Nairobi
Share this Trip
Kenya’s traditional Maasai warriors have embodied the spirit of bravery, strength and compassion for centuries. Can you imagine living and studying with them, and applying what you learn in your own life? Here is your chance — and the family can join in too.
- Develop self-esteem and improve physical health while increasing your appreciation and knowledge of the Maasai culture
- Advice, counsel, and support from Maasai warriors each day
- Full board lodging in the Maasai village and the remote warrior camp
- Unforgettable safari in Amboseli National Park
Share this Post